Not many women know the causes and symptoms of cervical cancer. In fact, every woman has a high risk of this deadly disease. Cervical cancer itself is a disease that attacks the female area. More precisely, cervical cancer is identified as cancer of a woman’s cervical cells. At the initial stage, symptoms do not appear in the sufferer.
In various cases, cervical cancer is very closely related to infectious diseases. Unfortunately, the symptoms are more easily recognized when cancer cells have spread throughout the body. To prevent the increase in the number of cervical cancer sufferers, every woman needs to know the causes and symptoms of cervical cancer early.
Causes of Cervical Cancer
The most astonishing fact is the results of a study conducted by WHO in 2014 ago, cases of female deaths caused by cervical cancer reached 10 percent of a total of 92 thousand cases. So, what factors cause a person to get cervical cancer? The main cause is the spread of the HPV virus (Human Papillomavirus).
- The HPV virus has around 100 types, but there are at least 13 types of viruses that trigger cervical cancer.
- The HPV virus is generally transmitted through physical contact, namely s*xual intercourse.
- The type of HPV virus that has a high presentation of cervical cancer cases is HPV 18 and HPV 16.
- The dangerous HPV virus is able to produce E6 and E7 proteins in the body which then trigger the growth of the uterine wall cells.
- Unusual growth of uterine wall cells causes gene mutations that cause cervical cancer.
Symptoms of Cervical Cancer in the Advanced Stage
In the early stages, cervical cancer does not show symptoms. New symptoms begin to appear when the patient has entered the stage of the advanced stage. The following are a series of symptoms that occur when people with cervical cancer are at an advanced stage. If the following symptoms appear, it means the patient needs intensive and appropriate treatment.
- Bleeding occurs in the female area outside the menstrual period.
- There is an unpleasant liquid from intimate organs and sometimes mixed with blood.
- Every intercourse appears excessive pain and pain in the pelvis.
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, occasional seizures and weight loss dropped dramatically because the appetite is lost.
- The stomach and legs start to swell and the body gets tired easily.
- Pain when urinating and defecating until bleeding occurs.
A cervical cancer patient needs to get fast and appropriate treatment to prevent the growth of cancer cells that attack the body’s resistance. In addition, every woman needs to adopt a healthy lifestyle, including having unhealthy s*x. The more so when quickly aware of the causes and symptoms of cervical cancer above early.